The cell and gene therapy space has undergone transformational change in the last few years, driven by the promise these modalities have demonstrated in addressing rare and intractable diseases. Achievements in the CAR-T therapy space – there are now six approved CAR-T treatments on the market – in conjunction with breakthroughs in gene therapy and viral vector drugs, have signaled a new era of innovation aimed at furthering cell and gene therapies within the greater healthcare landscape.
This white paper is based on a panel discussion hosted by Precision ADVANCE, experts from across the cell and gene therapy sector convened to explore the ways their organizations have met headlong the challenges and opportunities that typify cell and gene therapy development. Panelists for the event included:
- Andy Kinley, Vice President, Innovation and Clinical Science, Precision for Medicine
- Peter Andersen, Chief Scientific Officer, Vita Therapeutics
- Deborah Phippard, Chief Scientific Officer, Precision for Medicine
- Palani Palaniappan, Chief Technology Officer, Pioneering Medicines, Flagship Pioneering
- Phil Cyr, Senior Vice President, Precision Value & Health
- Charlie Harper, Vice President, Project Farma