In 2021, NCQA and HL7 hosted the fifth annual Digital Quality Summit (DQS) that convened stakeholders within six distinct “tracks” – each track exploring a different subset of healthcare. PRECISIONvalue’s Dominic Galante, MD, Jorge Font, MPH, and Maureen Hennessey, PhD, provided consultation to the Helmsley Charitable Trust, sponsors of the Track 6 “Rethinking Diabetes Care in the Digital Age.” Dr. Hennessey and Michael Barr, MD, of NCQA served as track co-leaders.
The track featured five breakout sessions that covered topics such as Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), diabetes distress, digital measurement and measure concepts related to diabetes care, optimal care for individuals with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, NCQA’s own Diabetes Recognition Program, and more.
The Rethinking Diabetes Care in the Digital Age white paper contains findings from the sessions and is broken down into the following sections:
- Importance of Measurement in Diabetes Care beyond HbA1c and Depression
- Optimal Diabetes Care Management and Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Behavioral Aspects in Diabetes Care and Diabetes Distress
- Health Equity in Diabetes Care Management
- Driving Improvements in Diabetes Care and the Diabetes Recognition Program
Download the full white paper here!